Friday, December 25, 2009

Unconditional Love


I often wondered how a mother could forgive her child time and time again for misbehaving, or how a woman could take back her adulterous husband. As I fight with myself on my inability to loathe this one particular human being for the pain that he evoked, I realize that my heart will not allow me to carry out such an easy feat.

Hating him would be simple, but loving him in spite of his flaws is stretching me. Furthermore, it is a true indication of my love...not stupidity. Stupidity would be allowing my emotions to control my actions, and not allowing my true character to guide them.
Now, I am NO fool....love ain't blind, and people will try you!

This is merely an admission that despite the hurt caused by another I realize that I am capable of forgiveness. Moreover, I have a greater grasp and appreciation for those who are able to transcend their circumstances. Namely, I am able to minutely comprehend Christ's love for all of us. Time and time again, we all fail him and disregard the grace and mercy He bestows upon us, yet He continues to love and protect us. Why? Because His love for us runs deeper than our minds are able to fathom.


Unconditional love...what a notion. The very idea that one person could forgive another and move forward used to escape me completely. I realize now that unconditional love is humanly possible...difficult, but possible.

No comments: