Sunday, September 27, 2009

Conflict Resolution


I'm conflicted. I'm being forced to drudge up and converse with a part of myself that, for a while now, I have kept secure in my subconscious.

This part of myself is elated to converse with me and tell me what she has observed as a mere fly on the wall of my conscious mind...but I'm hesitant to hear what she has to say.
She knows too much...every ulterior motive, underlying thought and heartfelt emotion is at her disposal to be immediately archived and filed away in the reference library of my life.

However, I feel as if I may need to talk with her. Maybe she can help me determine and decipher all of these thoughts and feelings that seem to have arrested my conscious mind as of late. Looking at my situation through her objective eyes should give reason to my way of thinking and allowance for what I feel in my heart.

Or should it? Do I really need her to help determine what's going on with me? Am I really just looking for a psychological crutch to lean on so that I won't have to ride this winding emotional roller coaster all by myself? Or am I just so jaded that I refuse to visit that vulnerable, flawed and brutally honest part of myself for fear that I might be discovered as not having it all together? Maybe...or maybe not.

The only thing I know for sure is that I need a resolution...an ending to an as yet to be determined beginning of emotional conflict.

1 comment:

Awesome Rabe said...

OMG this is exactly what I have been dealing with for the last four months! I have been fighting and running from dealing with myself and these thoughts...I have no clue where to begin or what to do...